Posted on: 02 Mar 2022EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of South Sudan, the Republic of Uganda, and the United Republic of Tanzania with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social, and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value-added production, trade, and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Uganda, and Tanzania ) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Community-Secretariat.PRINCIPAL RESOURCE MOBILISATION OFFICER
Organ: EAC Secretariat
Department: Office of the Secretary General
Division : Resource Mobilisation
Reports to: Secretary General
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
To efficiently and effectively manage the process of resource mobilization for the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate efforts of all sectors for resource mobilization
- Develop strategies and plans for mobilizing national and international financial resources for the programmes of the Community;
- Assist in preparing project proposals for funding;
- Act as focal point for all fund-raising efforts of the organs of the Community;
- Ensure timely financial reports are prepared and submitted to Development Partners and other stakeholders;
- Establish a databank of potential funding partners and follow up on submitted proposals with relevant Development Partners;
- Coordinate exchange of relevant information and harmonizing process of fund-raising efforts of stakeholders;
- Evaluate and prepare consolidated Annual Reports on the implementation of projects and programmes using development partners’ funds;
- Prepare periodic progress reports on resource utilization against plans of Directorates and Departments; and
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the EAC.
Qualifications and Experience:
Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or an equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with five (5) years of which should be at Senior level with specific emphasis on resource mobilisation and donor funding procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
Analytical skills, negotiation skills, networking skills, management skills, project planning and development skills, tactful, computer skills, research skills, report writing skills, mobilization skills and coordination skills.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position
Terms and Conditions of Service :
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
Education Qualifications :
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above-mentioned position are advised to:
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th March 2022.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications that do not :
- have an EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.intJobs