The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences is a pan-African Network of Centres of Excellence that offer quality postgraduate education, research innovation and public engagement/outreach programs for the advancement of STEM in Africa’s transformation journey. AIMS brings together Africa’s most brilliant young talent in a highly interactive, culturally diverse learning environment where discovery, creativity and testing of mathematical solutions to development are the norms.
AIMS harnesses expertise and experience from the world’s top lecturers and research fellows to further improve the learning experience for students.
AIMS’ objective is to have 15 Centres of Excellence offering an extraordinary learning experience.
Through the Skills for Employment program, AIMS strengthens the role of STEM in the private sector.
AIMS Rwanda’s goals are to
- Offer quality postgraduate training in Mathematical Sciences.
- Promote research innovation amongst Africa’s top scientists.
- Strengthen STEM contributions to Africa’s private sector through its Skills for Employment programs.
- Promote Mathematics and Science in Africa through its public engagement and outreach programs.
- Strengthen Rwandan women’s interest in STEM through the AIMS Teacher Training program and the AIMS Women in STEM program.
- AIMS Rwanda opens on 27th August 2016 with the arrival of the first cohort of students. AIMS Rwanda is located in Remera, a suburb of Kigali, KN 3, Remera Sector