PSI began operations in Southern Sudan in January 2005, distributing Serena brand long-lasting insecticide-treated nets through the commercial sector and implementing behaviour change communication on HIV/AIDS.
Over the years, PSI operations included:
- Implementation of comprehensive hygiene, sanitation and safe water program in the cities of Juba, Yei and Wau.
- Comprehensive HIV programming that includes community outreach and capacity building of community-based organizations.
- Distribution of branded and non-branded condoms.
- Outreach and support to people living with HIV/AIDS to mitigate the impact of opportunistic infections.
- Support to County AIDS Commissions, the Ministry of Health and South Sudan AIDS Commission.