Objective The overall objective of the collaborative MSc Tropical Animal Health degree programme is to follow an integrated One Health approach linking animal and human health, with a focus on:
- The relationship between animal and human infectious and parasitic diseases (zoonoses)
- Diseases and ecosystem health in order to improve disease control strategies
- Ecosystem sustainability
- Food security
- Rural development
- To meet the challenges to the health of people, livestock and wildlife at such interfaces.
- To influence the policy process to increase recognition and realization of the One Health concept when dealing with livestock, human and wildlife diseases in the tropics.
- Involved in tropical livestock and wildlife health, management and production in support of rural development.
- Wishing to integrate the impact of the diseases and control activities on the local ecosystems in order to increase knowledge and effectiveness of control strategies.