The objectives of the program is to achieve the following goals
- - To form a flexible course that is responsive to the dynamic and rapidly changing world of work and society.
- - To provide quality, cultural sensitive and standard Palliative care knowledge, skills and attitudes that is vital to learners, employers and the community.
- - To build capacity to participate in implementation of the National health policy, Global Palliative care declarations and World health Organization call for universal access to Cancer and HIV/AIDS care and support.
- - To encourage team work and self-motivation to enable graduates to perform efficiently and aspire for a higher level training.
- - To propagate and promote moral, legal and ethical code of conduct among PGDPM graduates to perform their practice diligently.